Tuesday 29 March 2011

Operation Dissertation Hibernation

The hour has finally arrived, its time to write the dissertation. Just me, the Coens and noir for the next week or if everything goes according to plan, the next few days. I have decided to go into hibernation while writing the dissertation as I get distracted easily. I will only watch relevant films and read the relevant books so hopefully I will get this work done. I've found that I work better when I do the writing in one big sitting rather than a bit everyday, there's no flow unless its all at once. The dissertation is all about violence in the Coen brothers films so it should be fun. The rules are I can eat dinner and eat small things as I go and I can drink plenty of coffee, fruit tea and water, but otherwise I have to be writing. So wish me luck, I'll emerge when its done!