Sunday 10 March 2013

To All You Mothers

It's Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to everyone out there. I know it's basically over but I just thought I'd say.



There isn't usually any build up to this day (unless you're still at school). I remember when I was younger we would all be given daffodils to give to our mums. That used to be a great tradition. I wonder if they still do that at my old primary school.

I decided to get flowers for my mum, lucky she likes them. Apart from me, the only other customers in the florists were dads with their young sons. it was quite sweet. They were all picking different bouquets to be made up. The little kids were picking out the single flowers and placing them on the counter. I had a look at what was left, near the end of the day, and I decided on small flowers, simple. Two white roses and two yellow.


I also decorated a tote bag and bought my mum a special edition of Persuasion by Jane Austen. See, I can be a good daughter.


Next year my aunty suggested that me, my sister and herself make the dinner. We're all going to make a course each. Of course I offered to make soup, my one and only dish I can make. We'll see if it happens next year.