Wednesday 7 May 2014

Odd Moments with President Snow

I was watching Catching Fire after work, like you do, and I noticed more than ever the weird moments and expressions from President Snow played by Donald Sutherland.

I'm sure there are some Hunger Games fans out that agree. Sutherland, for me is a perfect choice for evil president of Panem, but the few scenes we see him in are, for me creepy yet amusing. For example when he is having breakfast with his granddaughter and asks about her hair, she innocently says everyone one is wearing it in one braid, like Katniss, but Snow pauses and her a dirty haughty look that stays on screen just second too long. Perfect.

The second snow moment is odd but sinister for no reason. He is watching the games with his granddaughter and she very sweetly says how much she would like love someone like Katniss and Peeta, Snow reacts saying 'and so you shall my darling' pause face becomes blank and sinister, 'and so you shall'. Full of intrigue, but why??

The favourite Snow moment just has to be this line:



Brilliantly executed by Sutherland, odd but sinister.