Thursday 23 November 2017

TMP Television Edition: Workplace


I think I jumped the gun on this post as its next week's theme...


The IT Crowd
A show about three people banished to the basement of an office building for a random company, two are IT 'nerds' and one is a clueless 'manager' all created by Graham Linehan, writer of the almighty Father Ted. This sitcom, spanning 4 series and enjoying cult status, it launched the careers of Chris O'Dowd and Catherine Parkinson as well as elevating Richard Ayoade's. Luckily a US version was avoided twice I believe and hopefully won't be attempted again. Its a superb hilarious show with classic moments, its fine the way it is.

Parks and Recreation
Love this show so much I rewatch it all the time. A fantastic cast of characters from the department of the same name in local government, exploring the many lows of working in governement as well as the hilarious highs of being part of Team Knope! I miss this show so much. 

30 Rock
This is my favourite show of all time (well this Spaced and Green Wing) is a show I hold dear to my heart and have done since 2007. An appreciation post will be released upon the world in due course. Tina Fey created a show like no other with a cast or amazing stereotypes that didn't matter that they were really stereotypes. Poking fun at current events and everything from politics to fast foods (cheesyblasters) featurig the finest cast including Jimmy Moop and Tracky Jon-jon! True fans will get that weird reference.

Ugly Betty
Another old favourite of mine, I used to get so excited to see an episode of the show. I'm not 'into' fashion but I loved the passion Betty had, plus everyone was so over the top and dramatic. Betty, recent graduate starts working as a PA for the editor of one of the biggest fashion magazines in the world. Out of her depth she struggles through nasty treatment from co-workers sneering at her appearence but Betty is wonderful and talented, bouncing back each time. It is one of the mant adaptations around the world, its bizarre! The storylines for some characters were slightly bungled at times but no matter over all it was brilliant. A perfect open ending in London was the icing on top of the cake too. There are hopes of seeing a film but it all seems rumours. 

The Newsroom
Underated show in my opinion. A mixture of hard core Sorkin with a dash of melodrama, especially in Season 2. I still need to watch Season 3 but I like the characters and what better place than the newsroom to find great stories as well as deal with personal ones.


Don't forget to check out where it all started over at
Wandering Through the Shelves