Saturday 5 May 2018

Sunshine Blogger Award




The ever awesome Katy at Oh So Geeky very kindly nominated me for the award. Thank you again Katy! As I was in the middle of New Zealand when I found out, I was delayed to writing up my post and it also means, sadly that I'm way behind in my posting. Here are my answers to Katy's ace questions:

What movies are you looking forward to seeing this summer?
Ant-Man and The Wasp
Solo
The Breaker Uppers (NZ release but we kept seeing the trailers)
The Yellow Submarine - re-released in cinemas for a day 8th July
Mary and the Witchflower
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Ocean’s 8

If you could be a superhero, what would your special power be?

Reanimation - including the power to reanimate others.

Who would you love to play you in a movie of your life?

I never know who to answer this, as there isn't anyone who I think would be me. I'd have to do an open casting for this.

What is your favourite movie genre?

Another difficult one. I like murder mystery/detective stories but I also love a good sci-fi.

If you could play a game with Jimmy Fallon on his show, which game would you pick to play?

Alas, in the UK we don't have Fallon on TV but from what I've seen on youtube, I would have liked to do the lipsync battle before it became its own show.

What would you do in the event of a zombie apocalypse?

Grab provisions; get a car, head for the coast.

If you could invite three fictional characters over for dinner, who would you pick and why?

Heather Mooney because I'd like to see how she reacts to being invited to a dinner party. Tintin as he'd have some great stories, plus he'd be too polite to answer Heather back. Jareth aka The Goblin King because who wouldn't want him over for dinner, glass ball tricks and singing if we were lucky. I'm guessing we'd all do 'Dance Magic Dance' and the end of the night. 

Besides blogging, what are your favourite hobbies?

 Going to the cinema, film festivals, special events (without blogging about them). I also go swimming every week, read comics, write, dabble in photography (very rare these days), go travelling and make films.

What is one thing on your bucket list?

To own my own home - that's a big one that won't be tackled for a long while.

What are your proud of accomplishing in 2018 so far? 

Finally after years and years of wanting to go, I went to New Zealand. I wanted to go even before Lord of the Rings, love of the films just spurred on my ambition to go there. Got back a few days ago so things still feel weird.

Check out Katy's post and her other nominees HERE.