Thursday 20 October 2016

Thursday Movie Picks: Halloween Edition - Science Fiction Horror

Science fiction horror can be more distressing more me than your regular horror. Plenty of of gore, isolation and messing with things that should not be messed with. Science horror, in a way is still possible but luckily the films I picked are beyond any thought of becoming real. I hope.

 Don't forget to check out what Wandering Through the Shelves picked, the blog that started Thursday Movie Picks.

Event Horizon
I actually don't remember much from this film except being terrified, oh and Sam Neil was there too. It had an interesting, typical 90s cast but it was also a box office bomb. All I remember is that there is a crew that are sent to find another ship and they find everyone dead then they all die in horrible way, mostly because of Sam Neil. I live in fear of having to see this film again.

The Cabin in the Woods
It took me a while to work up to seeing this film. I do like Joss Weadon but horror is not my thing. My friends convinced me to see it ensuring that I won't be scared as you know its not real (if you've seen it you know what I mean). This is true but its still scary as there are other people in control and that's always terrifying. If it wasn't for Fran Kranz I wouldn't have seen this.

Splice 
Another odd choice from me. I think this was TV and I was on my own (never a good idea) and it was at night. The idea about a scientist couple creating a human hybrid and using dangerous animals to create it, sure that sounds like a swell idea. I think there are a couple of disgusting moments, particularly when Adrian Brody has weird sex with the creature as she has matured and then when the creature changes sex and rapes Sarah Polley. She later finds out shes pregnant and keeps the baby, for science reasons. So disgusting.